"I know what things are good: friendship and work and conversation. These I shall have."
-Rupert Brooke


Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Halloween is upon us!

I will be the first one to say that Halloween isn't my favorite holiday. It's not even my second, or third. I like it, don't get me wrong, but... meh. We never got into anything besides the pumpkin carving at my house. I dont know how many years I went as a tennis player. (When I actually played tennis) So my outfit consisted of a shirt that said tennis on it somewhere, and a tennis skirt. Sometimes I would hold a racket, but more often than not it would be inconvenient. :) We never had Halloween parties at my house, I can't remember my parents dressing up to go trick-or-treating with us when we were little... you get the point. However, there is one great thing that Halloween brings (besides my aforementioned love for the pumpkin) and that is Halloween Specials on TV. The tradition in our family was to watch every single one while we were carving our pumpkins the week of Halloween. I'm talking Peanuts, Garfield, and my all-time favorite: Raggedy Ann & Andy. This was a less than popular one, but we LOVED it. We even made our pumpkin to look like the one from the special! Crying pumpkin seeds and all. Love it. If you haven't seen it...

Please enjoy.

Happy Halloween y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment