"I know what things are good: friendship and work and conversation. These I shall have."
-Rupert Brooke


Wednesday, March 30, 2011

some peace, quiet, and lonliness...

So for those of you who don't know- Jeremy got a job a few weeks back and we were THRILLED. It sounded like the perfect job for him, however the catch- he would be traveling 5 days out of the week. BEH.

It started off with a bang, or should I say bump? We do not do long distance. We are even past the point that we lie and say we are kinda good at long distance. We suck at it- there, it's out there. So therefore the first week was filled will constant bickering, turned fighting, turned tears, turned apologizing. It was a long week. But it was almost like we flipped the "off" switch and we've been great ever since. Our weekends have been filled with hand-holding, smooching, and general cuteness. Honestly, if I were an outsider, I would puke. :)

So with him being gone every weekday, I've been forced to constantly find something to do. Clean apartment, do laundry, work late, walk the dog, bathe the dog, clean the baseboards... you get the idea. It is nice not having to worry about who's house were having dinner at, worry about spending my precious gas to make it 20 minutes north to his house, and I flat out don't have to always be 'on'. You know? It's nice... sometimes. But usually by Wednesday (i.e. TODAY) I miss him more than ever and just want Friday night to get here. :(

Lovin this.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad that you guys have been able to flip the "off" swtich. That is exactly what happened to Chad and I. Fought the first year of long distance and then flipped the switch. SO HAPPY that you guys have gotten to that point. Hope the weekend gets here soon for you. :) Love you.

    ReplyDelete