"I know what things are good: friendship and work and conversation. These I shall have."
-Rupert Brooke


Friday, February 25, 2011

{feelin groovy}

Have you ever had one of those months where you are ridiculously busy but then you look back and can't for the life of you remember what you did all month? That's what February has been for me. Other than the half marathon (which I will get back to in a sec!!) I can't think of any big things that happened this month but I was SO busy!

First off- the half MARATHON!?!?! Last weekend I completed my very first half. In better time than I thought I would as well- 2:44. I'm so proud of myself that I did it, that I started something three months ago and saw it through. I'm kinda bummed about my time, but hey- there's always next year! ;) Jeremy was AMAZINGLY supportive, constantly telling me how proud of me he was, and he even ran the last three (uphill) miles with me!

Second- my wisdom teeth out, SNOW IN TEXAS, and some Houston birthdays. The first weekend in February was a whirlwind. I had a five day weekend but two of those days were spent in a hospital getting my wisdom teeth yanked. When I woke up to be released though, Jeremy picked me up in a sea of white dust! It had snowed several inches in this crazy city!?! Then we trekked (literally) east-bound to Houston and Jeremy was a champ and drove in some pretty serious snow for us southerners. We made it there safe and sound and in time for some Gringo's (I figured the margarita would help soothe my teeth ;) ) and then Miss Rylee's birthday party. Sunday was spent celebrating Jeremy's mom's birthday then heading back. WHEW.

Overall its been a crazy month, and I can't believe it's almost March! Work is still nicely busy and I'm going to keep up with my running, but I can't wait til summer gets here and every weekend can be spent on the lake or camping. It's what I LIVE FOR.




Happy Friday loves. :)

1 comment:

  1. So proud of you running that half marathon. Running is no place for wimps !!! You are awesome!! Someday maybe you and I can run a marathon together... once I have time to train and you are still interested. :)

    ReplyDelete