"I know what things are good: friendship and work and conversation. These I shall have."
-Rupert Brooke


Monday, April 26, 2010

The Great Outdoors

I love camping. You can see it for yourself on my "bio" under my picture. I am forever grateful to my love, Jeremy for introducing the wonderful life of a camper about five years ago. We actually HAD to go camping for an assignment in school. We were learning about tensile structures and were tasked to make a tent. We got extra credit if we actually used the tent. Now- we were in our second year of architecture school so we really had no idea on how to make an acutal, sturdy, ready-to-face-the-elements tent. However we went camping, took pictures next to our tent, and voila- we got a good grade in that class. ;)

So I haven't written in a while because I have a lot going on at home. Jeremy and I have been going through some very life-changing realities about our lives, and more specifically our relationship. Don't get me wrong, I love him very much. However he has issues of being a good, strong boyfriend. So we decided to take our relationship on the road. Have a "reconnecting" weekend if you will.

It was great. We went to Pace Bend Park in Bee Caves, Texas. It is just gorgeous. Right on Lake Travis, and it has esssentially two "sides". There is the cliff side and the beach side. We stayed on the cliff side to be secluded and have a pretty sunset view, but we took a few trips to the beach side and had a BLAST. Here are a few photos from the weekend.

our beautiful view

one tired pup :) she LOVES camping

No comments:

Post a Comment